EEI – Selectivity Studies
Description :“Selectivity is a method of coordinating protection so that, when a fault occurs in a circuit, only the protection at the head of the circuit is tripped, thus avoiding the shutdown of the rest of the electrical installation.”.
Selectivity offers two advantages:
- Enhanced continuity of service,
- And electrical safety of the installation.
Method adopted :
EEI conducted various selectivity analyses for customers, developing considerable hardware resources and a precise method:
- Collecting input data on the operational network,
- Modelling using the appropriate software,
- Computing short circuit currents in the various configurations,
- Submitting a protection and selectivity plan comprising:
- Recommended setting up,
- HTA fuse melting curves,
- Time/current selectivity curves.
Resources used :
Computing software: ETAP, DigSilent, CANECO BT, CANECO HT