EEI – Transient Analysis Study of the Saint-Martin Island Electrical Network
BOUYGUES ENERGIES & SERVICES
BOUYGUES ENERGIES & SERVICES wished to obtain a non-tripping analysis for the EdF Baie de la Potence electricity generating power station, on Saint-Martin island (islanded electrical system), following the connection of three new generator units.
EXPER’ELEC INGENIERIE performs the following services:
- Collecting the input data required for the analysis.
- Modelling of the network dynamic characteristics, using the DigSILENT PowerFactory software package.
- Plotting electrical (U, I, P, Q, f) and mechanical (torque, rpm, internal angle) variables for:
- 2 load scenarios (maximum load and minimum load),
- 4 events (three-phase short circuit, loss of the biggest generating unit, loss of the biggest load, voltage dip),
- 3 operating modes (frequency/power control mode, frequency/power control mode with dead band, constant power control mode).
- Computing of short circuit currents.
- Drafting an overview report, presenting conclusions relating to the stability of the system and all the protections to be set up (frequency, max I, min/max U, load-shedding), to ensure service continuity.