EEI – NIDEC ASI Battery Energy Storage System West Burton (UK)
NIDEC ASI has been selected by EDF Energy Renewables to supply a 49 MW battery energy storage system (BESS) at its West Burton B CCGT power station that is part of the UK’s National Grid new enhanced frequency response system.
Within the frame of this project, EXPER’ELEC INGENIERIE (EEI) carries out various studies for NIDEC ASI.
EEI carries out the following services:
- modelling of storage units including inverters, battery equipment and controllers using DIgSILENT PowerFactory software,
- calculation of AC and DC short-circuit currents,
- establishing overcurrent protection settings,
- harmonic analysis study,
- reactive power capability study,
- transient analysis study.