EEI – AUDIT & ASSESSMENT
Assess all factors that lead to the reliability and availability of an electrical network.
Identify the detailed characteristics of the network – Assess its ability to meet expectations:
• General architecture: sizing in all operating modes, identify common modes, maintainability,
• Installation conditions: physical separation, protection from external factors,
• Compliance: with standards, with electrical protection,
• Condition of equipment: history, visual inspection,
• Maintainability: obsolescence, expiry.
For all equipment, list maintenance procedures and intervals.
List means implemented: maintenance spares lot, training, external contractors, tools.
Assess maintenance carried out and recommendations for improvement and optimisation.
Identify technical (supervision, remote action, etc.), organisational (directives, troubleshooting charts, operating manuals, etc.) and human (continuous operation, personnel training, etc.) resources.
Examine the application of applicable regulations,
Assess the operating organisation and make improvement recommendations.
Draft action directives and troubleshooting charts.
Define a scheduled tests policy. Draft test protocols:
• Risk analysis,
• Detailed procedures
EEI conducts on-site assessments at the request of legal or insurance experts or if requested directly by customers following incidents or problems on the HV, MV and LV electricity distribution network. The objectives of these missions are:
- Determine the scenario leading to the incident
- Identify “remote” causes: poor design, defective maintenance, insufficient operator training, insufficient system status information, etc.
- Recommend solutions to prevent recurrence
- These services are provided based on EEI skills:
- Electrical value measurements
- Knowledge of regulatory reference systems and standards relating to electricity networks
- Operating security